Sunday, November 21, 2010

Confident fitting eh?

Just bought Nancy Z's book " Confidence in fitting patterns". It features her pivot technique for making adjustments in patterns. Haven't tried it yet but it does make sense. I still want to get away from relying on manufactured patterns and have the ability to draft and design my own blocks or patterns.

I think the answer is to use a little of all ideas to come up with something you want to make. For a man that has some weight to him expects to have a good selection of patterns to choose from, he will be on the hunt for a long time. I prefer to have more control over my hobby.

2 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see how you use "Pivot and Slide" (that's the most popular name for Nancy Z's method). I am very good at P&S for the female figure, but I have never used it for the male figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mary, I'm hoping that it works the same. It should one would think. Good to hear someone using it with success.

    ReplyDelete